AWHONN practice briefs can be used as a quick-reference guide that can and should be incorporated into your clinical practice. Each brief provides a summary of the pertinent details of each technique and rationale for why it should be used in practice.
- Sudden Unexpected Postnatal Collapse in Healthy Term Newborns Practice Brief Number 8
- Standardized Practices to Address Maternal Venous Thromboembolism: AWHONN Practice Brief Number 7
- Use of Nitrous Oxide in Maternity Care: AWHONN Practice Brief Number 6
- Immediate and Sustained Skin-to-Skin Contact for the Healthy Term Newborn After Birth: AWHONN Practice Brief Number 5
- Breastfeeding Recommendations for Women Who Receive Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Use Disorders: AWHONN Practice Brief Number 4
- Guidelines for Oxytocin Administration after Birth: AWHONN Practice Brief Number 2
- Quantification of Blood Loss: AWHONN Practice Brief Number 1
For more information on AWHONN’s Postpartum Hemorrhage Project visit www.awhonn.org/PPH.