The Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses (AWHONN) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit membership organization that promotes the health of women and newborns. Our mission is to improve and promote the health of women and newborns and to strengthen the nursing profession through the delivery of superior advocacy, research, education and other professional and clinical resources to nurses and other health care professionals.
AWHONN’s Diversity Statement
AWHONN is committed to promoting diversity throughout the organization by recruiting, retaining and mentoring a diverse workforce of women’s health and maternal child nurses. We are dedicated to integrate cultural competence and diversity into all aspects of our work and the communities we serve.
- AWHONN strives to shape a diverse work environment that promotes opportunity for personal and professional growth.
- AWHONN has a responsibility to incorporate evidence based practice in all educational materials for the diverse populations we serve.
- AWHONN encourages a diverse workforce that complements that of women, newborns and their families.
Our Core Values
Core Values: (as expressed in the acronym “CARING“)
Commitment to professional and social responsibility
- Accountability for personal and professional contributions
- Respect for diversity of and among colleagues and clients
- Integrity in exemplifying the highest standards in personal and professional behavior
- Nursing Excellence for quality outcomes in practice, education, research, advocacy and management
- Generation of Knowledge to enhance the science and practice of nursing to improve the health of women and newborns
How to Apply
AWHONN provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
AWHONN remains committed to protecting the health and wellness of our staff while continuing to serve our membership who are sacrificing so much to serve their communities. In support of our mission, AWHONN is still actively recruiting for vacant positions. However, to help ensure the safety of our staff and applicants, all job interviews will be conducted by phone or virtually until further notice.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and desired salary to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Incomplete application submissions will not be considered.
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) works collaboratively with the Board of Directors, staff, and other constituencies to execute a highly strategic vision and facilitates relationships with key stakeholders. They lead the staff in the implementation of the strategic plan’s goals and objectives and in the management of all other aspects of the organization. The CEO is accountable to the Board of Directors for the work and outcomes of the association.