The POST-BIRTH Warning Signs Education Program consists of multiple components: An online education course with CNE offering, an implementation toolkit, The Post-Birth Warning Signs Magnet and Magnet templates, and Save Your Life handouts in English, Spanish, Arabic and Mandarin-Chinese translations.
POST-BIRTH Warning Signs Success Story: An Interview with a New Mother
It has been proven that teaching women to recognize potentially life-threatening signs of post-birth complications can save lives.
The POST-BIRTH Warning Signs Online Education Course
- The most current education on maternal mortality and morbidity
- Best practices on delivering and disseminating consistent messaging to patients to increase their recognition and response to life-threatening symptoms.
- Overview of the importance of the nurse’s role as an agent of change to stop maternal deaths.
- Save Your Life handouts for patients at discharge – available in English, Spanish, Arabic, Mandarin-Chinese
- POST-BIRTH Warning Discharge Education Checklist for nurses.
To register for the course visit the AWHONN store.
Download Save Your Life Handouts
(Available in English, Spanish, Arabic and Mandarin-Chinese)
These handouts are not designed to act as stand-alone products, but as a resources provided after completion of the POST-BIRTH Warning Signs Education Course. AWHONN allows clinicians to print copies of the Save Your Life handouts (available in English, Spanish, Arabic and Mandarin-Chinese.) free of charge if the handout is being used as part of patient care and/or patient discharge education.
THE FINE PRINT
View the POST-BIRTH Warning Signs Permissions Policy for more information on usage requests related to the Save Your Life handouts. Other usages might include posting handouts on a web page, intranet, using in a presentation, or integrating into an electronic medical record. Each request require a separate permission from AWHONN.
Save Your Life Magnets and Magnet Templates
AWHONN offers clinicians the ability to purchase Save Your Life Magnets or a Save Your Life Magnet Template, as an additional parent resource to reinforce your post-birth discharge education. At this time, both the magnet and magnet template will only be available in English.
Visit AWHONN’s store purchasing information
POST-BIRTH Warning Signs Implementation Toolkit
The AWHONN POST-BIRTH Warning Signs (PBWS) Toolkit was developed to assist you in your facility’s PBWS education and implementation journey. These resources were developed based upon AWHONN’s work with over 20 hospitals in the 2017 PBWS Implementation Community.
Hospitals purchasing 10 or more POST-BIRTH Warning Signs (PBWS) Education seats are eligible to purchase the PBWS Toolkit.
Pricing: $75/hospital for AWHONN members and $99/hospital for AWHONN non-members
The POST-BIRTH Warning Signs Toolkit includes the following resources:
- POST-BIRTH Warning Signs Audit Log (customizable)
- POST-BIRTH Warning Signs Magnet Template (customizable with hospital logo)
- Sample News Release (customizable)
- Sample Implementation Timeline (customizable)
- Bulletin Board Communication Documents (customizable)
- POST-BIRTH Warning Signs Save Your Life Parent Handout (English, Spanish, Arabic and Mandarin-Chinese)
- POST-BIRTH Warning Signs Postpartum Discharge Education Checklist
- POST-BIRTH Warning Signs References
- POST-BIRTH Warning Signs Introductory Presentation
- POST-BIRTH Warning Signs Nurse FAQs
- Sample Justification Letter
- Past Implementation Community Webinar Recordings