AWHONN Virtual Programs Code of Conduct
AWHONN is committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment for all meeting participants and AWHONN staff. All participants, including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, volunteers, exhibitors, AWHONN staff members, service providers, and all others are expected to abide by this Virtual Programs Code of Conduct. This Policy applies to all AWHONN meeting-related events, including those sponsored by organizations other than AWHONN but held in conjunction with AWHONN events, on public or private platforms.
AWHONN has zero-tolerance for any form of discrimination or harassment, including but not limited to sexual harassment by participants or our staff at our meetings. If you experience harassment or hear of any incidents of unacceptable behavior, AWHONN asks that you inform Billie Robinson, MBA, CAE, Vice President of Strategic Partnerships, Marketing, Communications and Meetings at email@example.com, DJ Johnson, IOM, CAE, Vice President of Membership and Volunteer Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Kelly Walker, AWHONN Secretary/Treasurer, at email@example.com.
Unacceptable Behavior is defined as:
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form.
- Verbal abuse of any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, AWHONN staff member, service provider, or other meeting guest. Examples of verbal abuse include, but are not limited to, verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, national origin, inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces or in presentations, or threatening or stalking any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, AWHONN staff member, service provider, or other meeting guest.
- Disruption of presentations during sessions, in the exhibit hall, or at other events organized by AWHONN throughout the virtual meeting. All participants must comply with the instructions of the moderator and any AWHONN virtual event staff.
- Presentations, postings, and messages should not contain promotional materials, special offers, job offers, product announcements, or solicitation for services. AWHONN reserves the right to remove such messages and potentially ban sources of those solicitations.
- Participants should not copy or take screen shots of Q&A or any chat room activity that takes place in the virtual space.
AWHONN reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the meeting without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior, and AWHONN reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future meeting, virtually or in person.