The Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses (AWHONN) Immunization Champion Award recognizes a member who has demonstrated exceptional progress in increasing immunization rates among pregnant women or changing nursing practice related to maternal immunizations. AWHONN will select one member to receive the 2020 Immunization Champion Award. The Immunization Champion is considered an innovator and supporter of maternal immunizations and will be evaluated on their leadership, innovation, collaboration, and/or education activities.
The winner will:
- Receive a complimentary registration to the 2020 Annual AWHONN convention in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Be honored on stage
- Receive an award to display
- Be highlighted in the monthly AWHONN Express newsletter
- Receive an invitation to attend the VIP Reception at convention on Saturday, June 13
- Nominations will be accepted until March 27th, and the winner will be announced by the end of April.
Award Criteria: The Immunization Champion Award is intended to recognize a member who is doing an exemplary job by going above and beyond the educate patients or fellow healthcare workers to increase access or rates of maternal immunizations in their hospital or clinic.
Nominees must be AWHONN members. Members can nominate other members, and self-nominations are encouraged.
Please apply on the form below.