Improve Your Maternal and Neonatal Outcomes
The Perinatal Orientation and Education Program, Fourth Edition (POEP4) is highly effective in providing evidence-based, clinical education to perinatal nurses. POEP helps to mitigate patient risk, increase staff efficiency, and promote optimal obstetric outcomes while saving your healthcare system time and money. With POEP, your facility can establish consistent provision of high-quality care for mothers and infants.
New to POEP4
- Online modules focus on the essential educational components required for perinatal nurses
- Access is available through the AWHONN Online Learning Center for independent study and/or live instruction
- Narration, knowledge checks, pre-/posttests, reference lists, video, and animation
- Speaker notes, participant handouts, administrator and participant manuals
- POEP program includes access for 50 participants
67.0 Contact hours through December 31, 2020
The Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses is accredited with distinction as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Accredited status does not imply endorsement by AWHONN or ANCC of any commercial products discussed/displayed in conjunction with the educational activity.
AWHONN is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #CEP580
Institutional Price: $4,950.00 USD
Accessible through the AWHONN Learning Center
POEP4 is accessible on the HealthStream online learning portal. Contact your HealthStream representative for more details.
- Module 1 Overview of Reproductive Health and Infertility
- Module 2 Preconception and Interconception Health
- Module 3 Physiologic and Psychosocial Adaptation to Pregnancy
- Module 4 Process of Labor and Birth (Normal)
- Module 5 Process of Labor and Birth (Complications)
- Module 6 Cesarean Birth and Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU)
- Module 7 Complications of Pregnancy, Part I
- Module 8 Complications of Pregnancy, Part II
- Module 9 Complications of Pregnancy, Part III
- Module 10 Perinatal Infections
- Module 11 Postpartum Assessment and Nursing Care
- Module 12 Newborn Assessment and Nursing Care
- Module 13 Neonatal Complications
- Module 14 Perinatal Loss
- Module 15 Perinatal Safety and Risk Management
POEP4 is a clinical program that provides continuing nursing education (CNE) hours. It is designed to provide nurses with theoretical knowledge needed to provide holistic, family-centered care to women, their infants, and family members during the preconception, antepartum, intrapartum, and postpartum periods.
The program is targeted toward registered nurses who are new to perinatal nursing, including graduate nurses and those who are experienced, but new to the perinatal care setting. The content can also be used as continued education for experienced perinatal nurses.
The didactic content is a component of a comprehensive perinatal nursing program. It should be accompanied by guided clinical experience to permit real-time integration and application of the concepts and information presented.
POEP4 is in the AWHONN Online Learning Center, fully narrated, and consists of seven (7) courses organized into fifteen (15) modules of content. Each module is then divided into segments so that learners can be assigned smaller bits information. Learn More
The CNE expire on December 31, 2020. If the CNE date is extended, AWHONN CNE updates may be found at this link: https://www.awhonn.org/?CNEProducts
After the CNE expiration date, the testing site will be unavailable and nurses will not be able to receive CNE for completing the education.
AWHONN will email the next step instructions within 7 business days. The email will detail:
Your hospital/institution’s specific Internet URL created to access the POEP4 product
How to create an AWHONN free membership account
How the nurse administrator can manually enroll members into the course
How the nurse administrator can create learning reports to track training progress
How attendees can receive and print/save their CNE certificates
If the purchasing contact or nurse administrator does not receive the email within 7 business days from the receipt of payment, please contact AWHONN Customer Service at 1-800-354-2268.
Yes. Please contact AWHONN Associate Director for Product Sales, Mitty Songer, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Please use this form to order additional POEP4 CNE seats or contact Mitty Songer at email@example.com or 304-550-3984.
Feedback for POEP4 can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to indicate the POEP edition you are referring to.
Sales inquiry (for price information or a group quote) contact Mitty Songer at 304-550-3984 or : email@example.com
Permissions inquiry (to-reuse our copyrighted material): firstname.lastname@example.org
Online Learning Center questions (for admin access or to enroll learners): email@example.com
Clinical practice questions (ask an AWHONN nurse): firstname.lastname@example.org