The AWHONN Emerging Leaders program is a 9 month intensive leadership development opportunity that offers 10 individuals a chance to refine their purpose, learn skills and develop strategies to transform themselves, AWHONN and the field of nursing. This year, the AWHONN Emerging Leaders program is focusing on developing leaders to support our organizational commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. This program is generously sponsored in part by HeathStreamTM and AWHONN’s Every Woman Every Baby program.
All are welcome to apply and we strongly encourage applications from under-represented communities – LGBT, people of color; women’s health, NICU nurses, veterans and other under-represented practice areas. Strong applicants should show a commitment to the program; openness to leadership development and transformation; desire to build and nourish a community of support; and a hunger to make positive change.
- Call for applications opens February 3, 2020
- Interview for final candidates will be held via video in March 2020
- The Emerging Leaders will meet twice in person (June 2020 at AWHONN Convention and in the Fall of 2020 at a retreat. -location to be determined).
- Selected Emerging Leaders are required to participate in monthly conference calls by video and phone.
- Deadline for application submission: February 29, 2020
If you’d like to discuss this opportunity further, please reach out to Dr. Jacqueline Rychnovsky, VP or Research, Public Policy and Strategic Initiatives, at email@example.com