In observance of Alcohol Awareness month we have pulled together some resources that you can use relating to alcohol.
AWHONN Position Statement
AWHONN Journal Articles
Nursing for Women’s Health (NWH)
- Latest Evidence on Alcohol and Pregnancy
Bingham, R. J. (2015). Latest evidence on alcohol and pregnancy. Nursing for women’s health, 19(4), 338-344.
- Reducing the Risk of Alcohol Use Disorders in Women
Fogger, S. A. (2015). Reducing the risk of alcohol use disorders in women. Nursing for women’s health, 19(6), 537-541.
External Partners Resources
- Learn Alcohol-Free Coping Strategies during COVID-19 at ACNM’s Blog Post – Self-Care, Stress and Anxiety, and Covid-19
- CDC – Alcohol Use Fact Sheets
- CDC – Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders – Resources
- Mother’s Womb, Baby’s First Environment Poster
- Alcohol and Pregnancy Don’t Mix Poster
- Mocktail Recipes – Try these refreshing non-alcoholic recipes as your next thirst quencher.
- American College of Nurse-Midwives – ACNM Position Statement – Screening and Brief Intervention to Prevent Alcohol-Exposed Pregnancy
- Nurse Practitioners for Women’s Health – NPWH Position Statement on Prevention of Alcohol Exposed Pregnancies
- National Organization on Fetal Alcohol Syndrome – Light Drinking During Pregnancy
- National Organization on Fetal Alcohol Syndrome – Expectant Mothers